GATE Answer Key 2020 (IN): Answer key for Instrumentation Engineering will be released by IIT Delhi at the official website. Candidates can visit the website to download the question paper and answer key.
GATE 2020 for Instrumentation Engineering (IN) paper was conducted on February 1 (tentatively). The questions were conceptual in nature.
- As per the schedule, IIT Madras will announce GATE 2020 Result on March 16. Candidates can check their scores by log-in at gate.iitd.ac.in.
- Only GATE qualifiers will be issued GATE Score card in the third week of March.
- More weightage is given to topics like Networks, Measurement, Control systems, Transducers, and Analog Circuits. Check GATE IN Paper Analysis
GATE IN Answer Key
How to Download GATE 2020 Answer Key?
- Go to the official website gate.iitd.ac.in
- Click on the GATE 2020 answer key
- Enter the required credentials namely issued enrollment ID and password.
- Download subject wise question paper and answer key
How to challenge GATE 2020 Answer Key?
- Log into the GATE Online Application Processing System.
- Go through the guidelines given carefully.
- Agree by checking on the declaration.
- Click on the “Contest Answer Key" tab to be able to pay and mail objections related to the answer.
- INR 500 has to be paid via an online portal provided for every question. NRI candidates of GATE will have to pay the US $10 per question being challenged.
- It is important to use the correct question number given in the question paper to challenge.
- Attach a justified proof for challenging the answer key.
How to calculate GATE Score using the answer key?
- Calculate the marks obtained in the correct answers and subtract the marks lost in incorrect answers due to negative marking.
- The numerical questions have no negative marking.
- GATE Score = Marks obtained for MCQs + Marks obtained for NAT questions
- MCQ Marks: Total marks (1 marks) + Total marks (2 marks)
- Total marks (1 marks) = 1 x number of correct answers – 1/3 x number of wrong answers
- Total marks (2 marks) = 2 x number of correct answers – 2/3 x number of wrong answers
- NAT Marks: Total marks (1 marks) + Total marks (2 marks)
Check GATE Counselling Procedure
GATE Answer key of IN - Instrumentation Engg.
GATE 2019 Instrumentation (IN) Paper Analysis
The subject wise weightage analysis given below is based on previous year Instrumentation Engineering GATE papers. This would help to understand the important topics in GATE Exam.
|GATE IN||Topic Covered||1 Marks Questions||2 Marks Questions||Total Questions|
|Networks||Basics of networks, two port networks, AC analysis, transient|
|Digital Circuits||Logic gates, sequential circuits, microprocessor||2||1||3|
|Signals and Systems||Laplace & Z-transform,Types of signals,sampling,DFT||4||3||7|
|Control Systems||Stability, block diagram, time response analysis||0||3||3|
|Measurements||PMMC, Bridges, instrument transformers||2||4||6|
|Analog Circuits||OPAMP based||5||6||11|
|Communication||Frequency modulation, amplitude modulation||0||2||2|
|Transducers||Flow & Pressure measurement, temperature measurement,||2||4||6|
|Process Control||Basics, controllers||2||0||2|
GATE 2020 Expected Cut off
- GATE Participating Institutes (IITs, NITs and other colleges) will announce their separate GATE cut offs.
- GATE Cut Off will be separate for qualifying the exam and for admissions.
- As no common GATE counselling is held, each participating institute determine cut off to shortlist candidates for admissions.
|Instrumentation Engineering (IN)||36.59||34||24.60|
Check GATE Participating Institutes with fees
Importance of GATE Exam
GATE is not only important an eligibility exam for admission to M.Tech. programs but the exam’s scores are accepted by various top PSUs for recruitment of graduate trainees/management trainees. Know more