The GATE exam for Instrumentation Engineering (IN) was conducted in the afternoon session on February 4, 2018. The questions asked in the Instrumentation Engineering paper were conceptual in nature. Important topics were Networks, Measurement, Control systems, Transducers and Analog Circuits.This year GATE will be held at 199 cities across India and 6 cities abroad.
Check Here: GATE 2018 Official answer key and question paper has been released.
- More weightage was given to topics like Networks, Measurement, Control systems, Transducers and Analog Circuits. Check GATE Paper Analysis for IN
- Except for Analog Circuits which was perceived to be tougher than usual, all the other topics were relatively easy to medium.
- IIT Guwahati will announce GATE 2018 Result on March 17 in online mode. Candidates can check result of GATE by log-in through GOAPS (GATE Online Application Process System).
- Candidates who will qualify the entrance exam will be able to download GATE Score card from March 20 to May 31, 2018.
GATE Cut off
PSU Recruitment Through GATE 2018
GATE 2018 Answer key of IN - Instrumentation Engg.
How to Download GATE 2018 Answer Key?
- Candidates have to log into the GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) by submitting their enrolment ID and password which was given at the time of registration.
- Click on the "View Response" tab.
- A PDF will appear on the screen which would have the candidate’s details and answers to each question asked in the GATE 2018 paper.
- Click on the link given on this page.
- Check the Instrumentation Engineering and download the relevant answer key.
- After downloading the answer key and save the file.
How to challenge GATE 2018 Answer Key?
- Log into GATE Online Application Processing System.
- Go through the guidelines given carefully.
- Agree by checking on declaration stating that guidelines for the candidates of the GATE Answer Key have been understood.
- Click on the “Contest Answer Key" tab to be able to pay and mail objections related to the answer.
- INR 500 has to be paid through the online portal provided for every question which has to be challenged.
- NRI candidates of GATE will have to pay US $ 10 per question being challenged.
- It is important to use the correct question number given in the question paper to challenge.
- Attach a justified proof for challenging the answer key.
How to calculate GATE Score using the answer key?
- Calculate the marks obtained in the correct answers and subtract the marks lost in incorrect answers due to negative marking.
- The numerical questions have no negative marking.
- GATE Score = Marks obtained for MCQs + Marks obtained for NAT questions
- MCQ Marks: Total marks (1 marks) + Total marks (2 marks)
- Total marks (1 marks) = 1 x number of correct answers – 1/3 x number of wrong answers
- Total marks (2 marks) = 2 x number of correct answers – 2/3 x number of wrong answers
- NAT Marks: Total marks (1 marks) + Total marks (2 marks)
GATE 2018 Instrumentation (IN) Paper Analysis
The subject wise weightage analysis given below is based on previous year Instrumentation Engineering GATE papers. This would help to understand the important topics in GATE 2018 Exam.
|GATE IN||Topic Covered||1 Marks Questions||2 Marks Questions||Total Questions|
|Networks||Basics of networks, two port networks, AC analysis, transient|
|Digital Circuits||Logic gates, sequential circuits, microprocessor||2||1||3|
|Signals and Systems||Laplace & Z-transform,Types of signals,sampling,DFT||4||3||7|
|Control Systems||Stability, block diagram, time response analysis||0||3||3|
|Measurements||PMMC, Bridges, instrument transformers||2||4||6|
|Analog Circuits||OPAMP based||5||6||11|
|Communication||Frequency modulation, amplitude modulation||0||2||2|
|Transducers||Flow & Pressure measurement, temperature measurement,||2||4||6|
|Process Control||Basics, controllers||2||0||2|
GATE 2018 Cut off
- GATE participating institutes (IITs, NITs and other colleges) will announce their separate GATE cut offs.
- GATE Cut Offs will be separate for qualifying the exam and for admissions.
- As no common GATE counselling is held, each participating institute determine cut off to shortlist candidates for admissions.
|Instrumentation Engineering (IN)||34.60||31.10||23.00|