GATE 2021 Biomedical Engineering (BM) paper is scheduled to be conducted on February 6, 2021. The paper will be held in the afternoon session from 15:00- 18:00 hrs.GATE 2021 Biomedical Engineering Paper Analysis will be updated here soon after the conclusion of the exam based on the initial student reaction.
GATE BM paper was introduced in 2020. The three most important topics that had the most number of questions in GATE 2020 BM paper were Sensors and Bioinstrumentation, Biomechanics, and Medical Imaging. GATE Cutoff for Biomedical Engineering was also low as compared to other papers with 25.0 for General category while 16.6 for SC/ ST/ PwD candidates.
GATE Biomedical Engineering Answer Key will be released 10 days after the conclusion of exam. Students will be able to use the answer key to predict their scores based on their responses. Direct links to download the answer key and question paper are mentioned in the article below.
GATE 2021 Biomedical Engineering (BM) Highlights
|Paper Date||6 February, 2021|
|Number of Shifts/Sessions||1|
|Paper Shift/Session||Afternoon Session(15:00 -18:00 hrs)|
|Number of Questions||65|
|Sections||General Aptitude, Engineering Mathematics and Core Subject|
GATE 2021 Biomedical Engineering (BM) Paper Analysis
GATE 2021 Biomedical Engineering (BM) Paper Analysis for the Afternoon Session will be available soon after the exam is concluded. The questions in the GATE 2021 Biomedical Engineering exam can expect questions that are basic in nature related to biomedical instrumentation, devices, anatomy, physiology, biomechanics and biomaterials.
|GATE 2021 Biomedical Engineering Paper Analysis||Available Soon|
GATE 2020 Biomedical Engineering (ES) Paper Analysis
Meanwhile, students can refer to previous year GATE Biomedical Engineering Paper Analysis based on student reaction and expert analysis. 2228 students appeared in GATE 2020 Biomedical Engineering. Out of which only 58 students got qualified in the exam and 19 were girl students.
- According to students, the overall difficulty level of the paper was moderate.
- The highest mark secured by a candidate in GATE 2020 BM paper was 41.67
- MCQs were basic while numericals were a little bit difficult to solve.
- More number of questions asked from the Topics - Sensors and Bioinstrumentation, Biomechanics, Medical Imaging Systems, Measurement and Control Systems.
- Least Questions asked from the topics in the Biomedical Engineering exam – Signals and Systems, Electrical Circuits, Human Anatomy and Physiology, Biomaterials.
|Topics||Number of Questions Asked||Overall Difficulty level of the Questions|
|Signals And Systems||1||Difficult|
|Analog and Digital Electronics||3||Moderate|
|Measurement and Control Systems||5||Moderate|
|Sensors and Bioinstrumentation||12||Easy|
|Human Anatomy and Physiology||2||Moderate|
|Medical Imaging Systems||8||Moderate|
GATE 2021 Answer Key for Biomedical Engineering (BM)
IT Bombay will release GATE 2021 answer key for Biomedical Engineering on the official website. In case of discrepancies student can raise objection by paying a fees of 500 INR.
Links to download GATE Answer Key for BM are given below:
|GATE Biomedical Engineering|
|Year||Question Paper||Preliminary Answer Key||Final Answer Key|
|2021||Available Soon||Available Soon||Available Soon|
How to Download GATE 2021 Answer Key for BM?
Students can visit the official website of GATE 2021 at gate.iitb.ac.in to download the final answer keys. To download GATE 2021 Answer Key students have to just follow the steps written below:
- Visit the official website of GATE 2021
- Click on the link which says “To view GATE 2021 Question Papers and Answer Keys Click Here”. This link will be uploaded as soon as the answer keys are released by IIT Bombay.
- The links for Question Paper and Answer Key will be displayed.
- Download the pdfs for the same.
GATE Cutoff for Biomedical Engineering
Cutoff for the GATE 2021 Biomedical Engineering paper will be announced by the authorized committee after the GATE exam is over.
Expected GATE 2021 Cutoff for Biomedical Engineering
|Category||GATE BM Cutoff|
|SC/ ST/ PwD||15-18|
Previous Year GATE Cutoff for Biomedical Engineering
|Category||GATE BM Cutoff|
|SC/ ST/ PwD||16.6|