M.Tech Admission in Jadavpur University: GATE qualified candidate can apply online for M.Tech/ M.E./ M.Pharm/ M.Arch courses at admission.jdvu.ac.in as per the schedules. Separate application forms have to be submitted for multiple courses. The admission process usually begins in the month of June. There is no admission test for GATE qualified candidates.
About Jadavpur University
Jadavpur University is one of the elite institutes in India that accept GATE Scores for admission to various Postgraduate courses. Jadavpur has two campuses in Jadavpur and Salt-lake. The University is considered one of the first five universities in the country with a potential for excellence. Admission to Jadavpur University is highly competitive especially postgraduate engineering courses.
GATE 2020 Cut off for Jadavpur University
- Jadavpur University requires the GATE Cut off for admission in the institute. Admission in M.Tech is based upon GATE score and interview that follows.
- GATE Score holds 70% and the interview holds 30% weight in the preparation of the final Merit List.
- For admission in M.Tech programs, University accepts GATE/NET scores with at least 60% marks and candidates are required to register at the institute’s official website.
- More than 100,000 appeared for GATE 2020 and are positively waiting for the cutoff marks of various Institutes.
- For getting admission in M. Tech program in Jadavpur University candidate have to score well in the GATE exam i.e more than 600 score.
- After scoring more than 600 score you have a fair chance to get admission in M. Tech.
|Computer Science and Engineering/Computer Sc. and Technology||189||3636||17156||701|
|Electronics & Communication Engineering/Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering||302||4143||15198||713|
|Food Technology and Bio-Chemical Engineering||2428||15735||54728||4461|
|Instrumentation & Electronics Engineering||1010||8869||37547||3320|
|Power Engineering/Power Plant Engineering||1672||12114||41546||2890|
Jadavpur University Eligibility Criteria
- Category (A) – GATE/GPAT: Obtained Bachelor’s degree in Engg./Tech./Arch./Pharmacy Or M.Sc./MCA as given in the Schedule below with at least average Grade point 6.75 (60%) for General Candidate or Grade point 5.25 (45%) for SC/ST/PWD Candidate and qualified through GATE/GPAT having valid GATE/GPAT Score.
- Passed Membership/Associate Membership Examination in the appropriate discipline conducted by professional bodies, like Institution of Engineers (India)/Indian Institute of Architects/Indian Institute of Chemical Engineers/ Institute of Electronics Telecommunication Engineers approved by Govt. of India, with at least average Grade point 6.75 (60%) for General Candidate or Grade point 5.25 (45%) for SC/ST/PW D Candidate and qualified through GATE having valid GATE/GPAT Score are eligible for admission to PG courses in Engg./Tech./Arch./Pharm. as GATE category candidates.
- Category (B) – Sponsored: Obtained Bachelor’s degree in Engg./Tech./Arch/Pharmacy or M.Sc./MCA as given in the Schedule below with at least average Grade point 6. 75 (60%) for General Candidate or Grade point 5.25 (45%) for SC/ST/PWD Candidate & minimum 1 (one) year experience after passing the B.E./B.Tech/B/Pharm/B.Arch examination (for PG in Civil Engineering course minimum 2 (two) years) duly sponsored by Industry / Institute/ Govt. Depts. Relevant experience shall be counted after passed BE/B.Tech./B.Arch/B.Pharm or M.Sc. degree and as on the last date of online submission of Application Form along with Pay-slip/Form-16 shall be submitted at the time of Admission Test.
- Category (C) – Self-Sponsored: Obtained Bachelor’s degree in Engg./Tech./Arch or M.Sc./MCA as given in the Schedule below with at least average Grade point 6.75 (60%) for General Candidate or Grade point 5.25 (45%) for SC/ST/PWD Candidate. As per Govt. of India rules 3% PWD (Persons with disabilities) seat is reserve supernumerary.
Jadavpur University Seats Intake
- Jadavpur University reserves 40 percent of its postgraduate seats for students from other universities.
- According to a Jadavpur University official, the move has been prompted by an urge to draw best brains at the master’s level through competition and a government advisory to set aside 40 percent postgraduate seats for external students.
- According to the Jadavpur University, 60 percent of the postgraduate seats will be set for their own university students, who will be selected according to merit and if seats remained vacant after taking in all its undergraduate students willing to do post-graduation there then the students will be selected through GATE 2020.