NALCO Recruitment through GATE 2020 - National Aluminium Company Limited (NALCO) will recruit graduate engineers through GATE 2020. The company will recruit engineers from Mechanical, Electrical, Metallurgy, Electronics and Instrumentation streams. Eligible and GATE qualified candidates can apply online for NALCO recruitment in the month of April 2020 (tentatively).
Candidates can visit the official website i.e. nalcoindia.com to apply for the position of Graduate Engineer Trainee. Based on GATE Cut off candidates will be called for selection/interview round. Final selection will be done after the medical examination of candidates.
IIT Delhi had already released GATE result on March 13, 2020 and candidates can download the scorecards til May 30, 2020. The validity of GATE scorecard is 3 years from the date of announcement of result and it is one of the important documents required during the time of recruitment. Download GATE Scorecard
National Aluminium Company Limited (NALCO), a Navratna Company is the largest integrated Alumina – Aluminium Complex of Asia with its present turnover of more than INR 7933 crores. To achieve its vision to be a reputed global company in the metals and energy sector, NALCO is looking for committed, promising and competent young graduate engineers.
Also Check DRDO Recruitment Through GATE
NALCO Important Dates
NALCO Recruitment 2020 – Important Dates
|Availability of NALCO application forms||April 2020|
|Last date to fill the application form||May 2020|
|Interview dates||To be notified|
NALCO Vacancies Offered
NALCO Recruitment 2020: Total Vacancy
NALCO is inviting applications for 115 vacancies. The below table represents the streamwise number of vacancies.
|Engineering branch||No. of vacancies|
NALCO Eligibility Criteria
NALCO Recruitment 2020: Eligibility Criteria
- Only Indian Nationals can apply under NALCO Recruitment through GATE.
- Candidates should have all the eligibility criteria required for applying in GATE 2020 and a full-time Regular Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering Technology with a minimum aggregate of 65% for general category and OBC category and 55% aggregate for SC/ST/PWD category taking an average of all semesters or years.
- 30 years is the age limit for the aspirants of general category whilst 33 years is for OBC and 35 for SC/ST categories.
- Candidates in the final year of Engineering or MCA can also apply for this exam. But, they will only be considered if they pass their examination with the required percentage which is the same as mentioned above. The candidate must have passed this exam before their personal interview.
- All the qualifications must be from recognized Government Universities or Institutions, UGC recognized Universities or Institutions, UGC recognized Indian deemed Universities or AICTE approved courses from autonomous institutes or concerned statutory council(wherever applicable).
- If the candidate has been awarded CGPA/OGPA or any letter grade, they must declare the equivalent percentage of marks according to the norms of the University/ Institute in the online application form.
Disciplines and GATE Paper Allowed for NALCO Recruitment
|Engineering branch||Disciplines considered||GATE 2020 Paper Code|
|Mechanical||Mechanical / Production Engineering||ME|
|Electrical||Electrical / Power Engineering||EE|
|Electronics||Electronics / Instrumentation/Telecom/Electrical Engineering||EC|
|instrumentation||Electronics / Instrumentation/Telecom/Electrical Engineering||IN|
Also Check GATE Eligibility Criteria
NALCO Application Process
NALCO Recruitment 2020 - Application Process
Step 1: Register at NALCO
- Candidates have to register using their GATE Registration number in the career section of NALCO website.
Step 2: Fill the Online Form
- While filling the form, click on the online application link on the official website.
- Read all the instructions before you start filling the complete information.
Step 3: Upload Documents
- Upload a scanned copy of their recent passport size color photograph, GATE Admit Card and of your signature.
- Uploaded Signature should match with signature in the GATE Application Form.
- Submit your form.
- Copy of GATE Admit Card
- Passport photo similar to GATE
- Scanned copy of Signature same as GATE
- Prescribed qualification/mark sheet as per the requisite qualification
Important: A candidate can apply for one post/discipline only. Candidates applying for more than one post/discipline will not be considered.
NALCO Selection Process
NALCO Recruitment 2020: Selection Process
The candidates who are seeking to be employed with NALCO must be medically fit according to NALCO’s pre-employment medical standard.
- The candidates who will be selected will undergo a medical examination by NALCO Medical Board.
- The results declared will be a final decision for approved medical fitness.
- No relaxation in health standards as indicated in the medical rules of the Company is allowed.
Other than Medical Examination candidates will be evaluated based on:
- Candidates must obtain valid scores in GATE 2020.
- Only Candidates with valid GATE score will then be interviewed for the position of Graduate Engineer Trainees.
- Candidate should also obtain valid qualifying marks in GATE in their respective streams/disciplines. These marks will be fixed by the authority according to the different streams.
Also Check Selection Process of IOCL
NALCO Recruitment 2020: Salary
- The salary that will be provided to graduate trainees is Rs.16400-40500 for one year.
- And the salary which will be provided after one year of training is Rs. 24900-50500.
- Candidates have to sign a service agreement Bond of Rs. 3,00,000/- or Rs.4,00,000/- in order to work with the company for a minimum period of 4 years after completing the training of one year.
- The approximate CTC hence will be 8.2 lakhs per annum during the training period and when the confirmation is made after working for one year to E1 grade, the CTC would be approximate 12.12 lakhs per annum.
- Along with the basic salary, employees will be entitled to Dearness Allowance, which is a prerequisite under cafeteria approach, HRA, a medical facility for self & dependents and superannuation benefits which are: Contributory, Provident Fund, Gratuity,etc.as per rules of the Company in force from time to time during training/after absorption.
NALCO Expected Cut Off
NALCO Recruitment 2020 Cutoff
Cut off for Nalco is evaluated considering different factors. Some of the factors are
- It is decided based on the number of students who all together appeared for the NALCO exam.
- Then, they consider the number of students who have actually cleared the exam.
- The difficulty level of question paper is also taken into consideration.
- The number of vacancies which are available for the recruitment of candidates is considered.
- They could also consider sectional cut off marks of the paper. Check GATE Cut Off
You can check the expected cut off on the official website of NALCO.
Check Recruitment Process of Top PSUs
Contact Details of NALCO
Bhubaneswar - 751 013,