NHPC Recruitment through GATE 2020 - NHPC (National Hydroelectric power corporation) Limited a Mini Ratna company which is classified as an “A” class company to work with is a Public Sector Undertaking under Government of India. NHPC has released the notification for the recruitment of engineers based on the scores obtained in GATE 2020.
- Online Registration of application by candidates in NHPC has begun and the last to apply is September 28, 2020.
- You have to upload the scanned copies of certificates like GATE Admit Card, Degree certificate, caste certificate etc. in PDF format.
- Also, you have to upload passport size colour photograph and signature in JPEG format of less than 23 KB size and 15 KB size respectively.
- NHPC has offered the vacancies for the post of Trainee Engineer to Civil and Mechanical branch candidates with a valid GATE 2020 score. Download GATE Scorecard
- The maximum age limit to apply for the recruitment process is 30 years.
NHPC will shortlist the candidates on the basis of GATE Cut off decided the authority itself. Candidates should also note that only GATE 2020 will be considered valid for the recruitment process and previous year scores will not be entertained. Read the article to know more about eligibility, registration process, and much more.
NHPC 2020 Important Dates
NHPC Recruitment 2020 Registration Dates
NHPC Recruitment through GATE 2020 registration date are as follows:
|Online application submissions commencement||August 29, 2020|
|Last date to submit the application online||September 28, 2020|
NHPC 2020 Eligibility Criteria
NHPC Recruitment 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who wish to apply for NHPC Recruitment through GATE are required to fulfill the complete eligibility criteria prescribed by the official authority.
Age Limit to Apply for NHPC
- For Trainee Engineers (Civil) – 30 Years
- For Trainee Engineers (Mechanical) – 30 Years
|NAME OF THE POST||Educational Qualifications|
|Trainee Engineers (Civil)||Full time regular Bachelor's Degree in Engineering / Technology / B.Sc. (Engineering) Degree in Civil Discipline from recognized Indian University / Institute approved by AICTE with minimum 60% marks or equivalent grade or AMIE (enrollment upto 31.05.2013) with minimum 60% marks or equivalent grade.|
|Trainee Engineers (Mechanical)||Full time regular Bachelor's Degree in Engineering / Technology / B.Sc (Engineering) Degree in Mechanical Discipline from recognized Indian University / Institute approved by AICTE with minimum 60% marks or equivalent grade or AMIE with minimum 60% marks or equivalent grade (enrollment before 31.05.2013).|
Eligible Discipline and GATE Paper
|Engineering / Post Graduate Disciplines as advertised By NHPC||Corresponding GATE-2020 Paper and Code|
|Civil Engineering||Civil Engineering, CE|
|Mechanical Discipline includes Mechanical/ Production / Thermal / Mechanical & Automation Engineering||Mechanical Engineering, ME|
NHPC 2020 Reservation Criteria
Reservation in NHPC Recruitment through GATE 2020
Further detail of Reservation and Relaxation is as follows:
- Reservation for SC / ST / OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) / PwBD (degree of disability 40% or above)/ EWS will be as per the Govt. Norms.
- SC/ ST and PwBD candidates with 50% marks in the qualifying examination are eligible to apply.
- The upper age limit is relaxable by 5 years for SC/ ST
- 3 years relaxation in age for OBC (Non- creamy layer).
- 10 years relaxation in age for PwBD - General, 13 years for PwBD – OBC and 15 years for PwBD - SC/ST candidates.
- The upper age limit is relaxed by 5 years for the candidates who had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989.
- The relaxation of age for Ex-servicemen shall be as per Government guidelines.
- Candidates seeking reservation under EWS will have to submit an income & asset certificate issued by a Competent Authority.
NHPC 2020 Vacancy & Salary
NHPC Vacancy & Remuneration
Following are the Vacancies in NHPC and GATE paper codes:
|Civil||04 seats||-||07 seats||10 seats||02 seats||30|
|Mechanical||01 seat||01 seat||04 seats||13 seats||02 seats||21|
NHPC Recruitment 2020 - Salary Offered
Candidates will be placed in the (E2) band has a scale of Rs. 20600 – 46500 for all age positions (Payscale is provisional). Candidates will be placed in the E2 cadre with a pay scale of 20600-3%-46500 (IDA). They will be absorbed after one-year probation in the officer cadre with a pay scale of 24900 – 50500.
The students selected are eligible to serve under the bond period of 4 years including the time spent on the training in NHPC. The bond amount is Rs. 2.50 lacks for General and Rs.1.25 lacks for SC/ST.
NHPC 2020 Application Process
NHPC Recruitment 2020 - How to Apply?
Step 1: Log on to www.nhpcindia.com & click on Career with us.
Step 2: Fill the Online application form and mention all the required details.
Step 3: Uploading of Documents
- Matriculation/ Secondary School Certificate as proof of date of birth.
- Keep all the qualification certificates ready i.e. of class X, XII, Graduation, and Post Graduation (if applicable).
- Caste certificate in format prescribed by the Government of India in case of OBC candidates. The certificate should have been issued within 6 months for OBC (if applicable) at the time of registration.
- Disability certificate issued by the competent authority (if applicable).
- Certificate from the Principal stating that the candidate has passed the course on full tim / regular basis (except AMIE) certified by the University/ Institution from where they have obtained the bachelor/ post-graduate degree.
- A certificate for the conversion of grade / CGPA to percentage of marks shall be based on the procedure certified by the University/ Institution from where the concerned have obtained the bachelor degree
- Copy of the GATE 2020 Admit Card/ Registration Form.
Step 4: Candidate should upload scanned copies of their certificates in separate space given in the online application form.
Step 5: Take out the print of the registration slip/ form generated by the system for future reference
Note: Scanned copies of certificates in PDF format are required between 100 to 200 KB each JPEG / PDF format along with passport size colour photograph and signature in JPEG format of less than 23 KB size and 15 KB size respectively. The scanned copies of certificates should be readable otherwise candidature shall be treated as rejected.
NHPC 2020 Important Details
NHPC Recruitment 2020 - Other Important Details
- Only Indian Nationals are eligible to apply.
- NHPC Recruitment will be carried out on the basis of GATE Score Card. The of any other year is invalid.
- Any candidate appearing for the final year of their degree program are ineligible to apply for NHPC Recruitment through GATE 2020.
- If any information given by the candidate is found to be false at any stage, the candidate will be terminated.
- Caste Certificate should be in line with the NHPC certificate details given.
- If you found that you are above the age limit after clearing the exam your admission will not be considered.
- It is necessary to have an email Id and keep it functional throughout the examination process as all the notifications will be sent via email.
- The candidates who are currently working with any Government/Non-Government organization/PSU/Autonomous bodies have to furnish an NOC (No Objection Certificate) at the time of joining NHPC. If not furnished the candidature will be considered terminated.
- In the case of ambiguity that comes up during the process of selection because of the language issues, the support will be given to the meaning of the statements in the English language.
- NHPC holds all the rights to cancel/alter/terminate/restrict/enlarge/modify the recruitment process at any time without prior information or updates given to the candidates.
- The vacancies that are stated can be increased or decreased by the discretion of NHPC authority without intimating the candidate.
- In the case of any dispute the jurisdiction of the competent court of Faridabad or High Court of Punjab and Haryana (Chandigarh), will be considered.
- Anytime found that the candidate is doing any kind of illegal or forgery activities the candidature is subjected to the termination.