IIT Delhi will publish GATE Answer Keys 2020 (AE) at GOAPS portal (gate.iitm.ac.in). Candidates need to visit the website in order to download the question paper and answer key.
- GATE 2020 is scheduled for February 2 in a single session. The exam will be conducted in CBT across 199 cities across India.
- The coordinating body will release GATE 2020 Result by March 16 at gate.iitm.ac.in. The results will be released in the form of scores.
- For this year, the cut off for GATE is expected to range in between 35 – 38 marks.
- Candidates qualifying the exam will have a choice to go for a Masters degree or can apply to the top most PSUs offering Engineer Trainee posts. Read aboutPSU Recruitment through GATE
How to Download GATE AE Answer Key?
- Access the official GATE website i.e. http://gate.iitm.ac.in/
- Click on the link “download answer key”.
- A web page will open up and the same web page will contain the list of all the streams available through GATE 2020.
- Click on “AE”.
- A new web page will open containing the code and the corresponding answer key.
- “View/ Download” the answer key as per your choice.
How to Check Responses with the help of Answer Key?
- Visit the official website of GATE
- Enter the issued enrolment number ID (sent at the time of registration) and password.
- Click on “View Response” tab.
- PDFs with the details of the candidate and responses marked to each question in GATE will appear on the screen.
- Click on the link given for the “answer key” or open the answer key downloaded on your system.
- Compare the answers marked by you with the answers given in the answer key.
How to Challenge GATE 2020 Answer Key?
In case a candidate finds that the answer published in the answer key is not correct, then he/she is allowed to raise and objection. A token amount has to be paid for every answer challenged following the guidelines mentioned below.
- Log in to the GOAPS.
- Read all the instructions carefully displayed on the screen.
- Agree to the declaration displayed on screen following the instructions.
- Click on the tab “Contest answer Key” button so that you are able to pay and mail your objection.
- Pay an amount of INR 500 through credit/debit card for every answer challenged.
- NRI candidates have to pay $10 for every response challenged by them.
- Make sure that you mention the correct question number while you challenge the question paper.
- Attach the justification (solution) in support of the response marked by you.
How to Check Marks obtained with the help of the Answer Key?
As marks will be allotted according to GATE 2020 Marking Scheme, so students can get a rough estimate of the marks obtained by following the calculation basis defined below:
- Allot 1 or 2 marks (depending upon the weightage of the question) for every correct answer and deduct 1/3 or 2/3 (marks depending upon the weightage of questions) mark for every wrong answer in the MCQ type of questions.
- There is no negative marking in the non-MCQ questions.
GATE Score = Marks obtained in the MCQ Questions + Marks obtained in NAT Questions
GATE AE Paper Analysis
GATE AE exam paper has total weightage of 100 marks. Out of these 85 marks are allotted to technical questions and 15 marks to non- technical questions.
- Topics for AE paper technical questions are as follows: Engg. Mathematics, Flight Mechanics, Space Dynamics, Aero Dynamics, Structure and Propulsion.
- Non- technical questions are asked from the following: English, Logical Reasoning, Data Interpretation and Basic Mathematics.
- 30 questions will be asked from the core subjects, 25 questions from mathematics and 10 questions from general aptitude.
- Out of the 30 core questions, 90% of them are from the core topics and 10% from special topics mentioned in GATE syllabus.
- Distribution of questions among the 1 mark and 2 marks questions is as follow:
|GATE Aerospace syllabus||General Aptitude|
Types of Questions:
There are only two types of questions asked in GATE AE exam, the MCQ and NAT question.
- MCQ: These questions carry 1 or 2 marks each; there are 4 answers of which only 1 is correct.
- NAT (Numeric Aptitude type): The answer is a number which has to be entered with the help of a virtual keypad that is provided on the screen.
Design of questions:
The questions asked in the paper will fall in the following 4 categories only:
- Recall: The questions are based on the facts, principles, formulae or laws. It is expected that candidate would be able to solve these questions only on the basis of the memory or just by 1 line computation.
- Comprehension: The questions are designed to test the candidate understanding of the basic or the core knowledge of the field. A candidate has to draw only simple conclusions from the fundamental ideas.
- Application: A problem solving has to be done with the help of the acquired knowledge of the subject through computation or logical reasoning.
- Analysis and synthesis: These types of questions can only be solved in a sequential manner. The answer derived from question 1, will be used as a data for questions 2, and thus the series continues. So the successor-predecessor approach is used or hierarchal approach for solving the problems.
- The other approach involves common data which can be used by both the problems given, so they can be solved independently.
GATE AE 2020 Expected Cut Off
GATE AE 2020 cut off will be published once the merit list is released in the online mode. In order to qualify the exam students only 30 marks are required to be scored, so you will be termed as “GATE qualified” but getting a seat in the aerospace program requires you to secure 50 marks. The GATE AE cut off depends on the following factors:
- Total number of registered candidates.
- Candidates who got over the qualifying marks.
- The difficulty level of the exam.
- Marking scheme.
- Reservation policies.
GATE AE 2020 cut off can look as follows: The cut off by GATE conducting body is declared in the form of a rank list. The rank list displays the opening and closing rank. Given below is the expected GATE 2020 Cut off.
|IIEST, West Bengal||M.Tech||350||310||253||253||252|
S/ PhD (BE/B.Tech >= 80 %)
Check GATE Participating Colleges with Fees
GATE AE Answer key and Question Paper