MDL Recruitment through GATE 2020: Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Limited (MDL) will release the official notification for the recruitment of Executive Trainees (Technical) at their website i.e. mazagondock.in. Candidates with a degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering can apply for the post.
To become eligible for MDL recruitment process candidates must have a valid GATE score. Candidates are advised to go through GATE Cut off before applying. Other than that candidate must have a full-time regular Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from a recognized University with a minimum of 60%.
Candidates have to keep one important thing in mind that only GATE 2020 scores will be considered valid. Candidates can download their scorecard from Mar 19 to May 30, 2020 as it is one of the major documents required during the time of recruitment. Download GATE Scorecard
MDL is Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Limited and is India's one of the leading shipbuilding yards company. With its good quality work, the company earned a good reputation in the world. The company has grown from a single unit, small ship company to a multi-unit and product company. MDL also fabricates and delivers main decks of wellhead platforms, process platforms, jack-up rigs, etc.
MDL Recruitment Important Dates
MDL Recruitment Important Dates
|MDL Online Application Start Date||To be announced soon|
|MDL Online Application Last Date||To be announced soon|
|MDL Application Fee Deadline||To be announced soon|
|Announcement of PI Round||To be announced soon|
MDL Vacancies and Reservation
Vacancies and Reservation
This year MDL is expected to release the vacancies for 8 Executive Trainees (Technical). The basic eligibility and vacancy are tabulated below:
|Executive Trainee (Technical)||E-1||Mechanical||04|
Note: The number of vacancies is indicative and may increase/decrease as per organizational requirements at the time of actual recruitment.
Reservation of the vacancies are as per the table below:
|Grade – E 1|
MDL Pay Scale & Job Profile
MDL Recruitment: Pay Scale & Job Profile
The candidates recruited to the post of Executive Trainee through GATE are paid a desirable amount of salary. Candidates receive other benefits after they have completed the probation period. The details of the CTC offered to the candidates by MDL is tabulated below:
|Grade||Pay Scales||CTC IN LAKHS P.A(approx.)|
|E-1||40,000 – 1,40,000||approx. 9.6 lakh|
*Further the trainees are entitled to Encashment leave, Gratuity, Hospitalisation benefits, and other facilities as per Company’s Rules. Performance Related Pay (PRP), which is also admissible, has a linkage with the individual as well as the Company’s performance.
MDL Job Profile
- A career in MDL is very challenging and it gives the young trainees a chance to develop in the tricks of the trade-in a holistic manner. The company offers various growth opportunities through training and development programs and a performance-driven promotion policy.
- An incumbent will be made to handle profiles like ship/submarine construction, refits, and modernization of the relevant fields of planning/ design/ procurement/ fabrication/ berth/ outfitting and quality and trials, etc.
- A candidate will serve a probationary period of one year and pass each stage of the selection process to end up as a suitable candidate for selection. He may be further deployed in other activities also depending on the requirement of the company.
Read More NALCO Recruitment
MDL Eligibility Criteria
MDL Recruitment: Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility conditions for the position of Executive Trainees (Technical) as specified by MDL are listed below:
- Citizenship: Applicants should be Indian Citizens
- Age Criteria: Applicants should not be of more than 28 years of age as on February 7, 2020. SC/ST candidates enjoy a relaxation of up to 5 years in age limit, while OBC candidates get an advantage of 3 years. PWD candidates and ex-servicemen enjoy age relaxation as per Government of India regulations.
- Academic Qualification: Applicants should have completed a full-time regular Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from a recognized University/ Deemed University or Institute recognized by AICTE with a First Class or minimum 60% Mark in aggregate or equivalent CGPA.
- Candidates pursuing the following engineering disciplines only are invited to apply:
- Mechanical (including Mechanical/ Mechanical & Industrial Engineering / Mechanical & Production Engineering/Production Engineering/ Production Engineering & Management/Production & Industrial Engineering)
- Electrical (including Electrical / Electrical & Electronics / Electrical & Instrumentation)
- Students appearing in their Engineering Final examination are also eligible to apply for the post provided they submit their final mark sheet by August 31, 2020. However, their final selection will be subject to their fulfilling the academic score requirement in the qualifying exam.
- Courses or disciplines bearing equivalence to the above will not be considered.
- In case of CGPA or Grade is awarded by the Institute/ University, candidates should submit a document indicating CGPA/ Grade to Percentage conversion issued by the Awarding Body.
- Only candidates with qualifying GATE 2020 Normalized Marks will be eligible to apply for the post of Executive Trainees (Technical).
Also Check GATE Eligibility Criteria
MDL Application Form
How to fill MDL Recruitment Application Form
- MDL Recruitment is an online process and no manual/paper application will be entertained. The application form can be accessed by clicking the Online Recruitment tab on the official website.
- GATE 2020 registration number as printed on GATE Admit Card has to be used for applying to MDL. Please ensure to fill up the issued registration number correctly and apply for the relevant discipline in MDL Online Application Form.
Pre-requisites for Registration
- Read the instructions carefully and fill up all the mandatory details in the Online Application Form.
- Ensure that you understand and fulfill all the eligibility conditions specified for the position.
- Have scanned copies of a recent passport-size color photograph, specimen signature & other relevant certificates in JPEG format ready for uploading with the application form as required.
Steps to Register for the position are as follows:
Step 1: Visit the official website of MDL and click on Online Recruitment.
Step 2: Fill the application form generated with the correct and authentic information. Enter personal, academic, and communication details (valid e-mail ID). Mention the GATE Registration number and discipline.
Step 3: Upload a scanned copy of your photograph and signature in JPEG format. Then proceed with the fee payment.
Step 4: Submit the application fee in offline mode (in cash) at the nearest SBI branch. Download the e-challan and fill the printed copy of the same with the correct information.
Step 5: Post submission of the application, a unique registration number is generated after verification of the e-mail ID to indicate the successful receipt of the application.
Step 6: Application form along with the ‘MDL’s Copy’ section of the Challan should be forwarded in an envelope superscribing “Advertisement Ref. No. & Post applied for” through post or courier so as to reach CM (HR-CR) on or before the last date on the following address.
Chief Manager (HR-CR)
Executives Recruitment Section, 02nd Floor, Mazdock House
Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Limited, Dockyard Road,
Mumbai - 400010
Application Fee Payment
- Application Fee payment for MDL recruitment is an offline process. As mentioned above you need to make the payment at any SBI branch, carrying the e-challan downloaded from the MDL website within the payment deadline.
- The Bank shall retain its copy of the challan (Bank’s Copy) and return the counterfoil (MDL’s Copy and Candidate’s Copy) to the candidate. Please ensure that the challan has been filled by the Bank officials with necessary details along with the Bank Seal.
- Once the payment is made, re-login to your MDL online recruitment account and upload the scanned copy of the bank challan as a proof of your payment.
The application fee schedule is presented below:
Check DRDO Recruitment Through GATE
MDL Selection Procedure
MDL Recruitment: Selection Procedure
- Graduate engineers with specialization in relevant disciplines are required to qualify GATE 2020 in order to be considered for recruitment at MDL.
- Scores of the examination will only be considered for the present recruitment drive at MDL and not GATE scores form any previous years. Check GATE Cut off
- Candidates are required to meet the cut-off score for the respective disciplines in GATE 2020 as decided by MDL.
- On the basis of the scores in the graduate engineering test, candidates will be invited for a round of personal interview with MDL.
- Candidates will be scored out of total 100 marks in the Personal Interview round.
- At the time of Personal Interview, the candidates will have to present all documents related to academic records, GATE scorecard, documents in support of claims for reservation, NOC for candidates employed with Government enterprise or any PSUs, and valid ID proof for verification.
- Candidates called for personal interview will be reimbursed the traveling expenses as per company policy, upon successful verification of documents.
- Following the Personal Interview, candidates will be finally selected by taking into account scores and the scores secured in the Interview round wherein the GATE score carries a weightage of 85 and the Interview score carries a weightage of 15.
The appointment of selected candidates is subject to verification of documents relating to the eligibility criteria, character and antecedents and other documents submitted and is also subject to the candidate meeting the requisite medical standards for the post and other requirements applicable for appointments under the company policy of MDL.
Check HPCL Recruitment through GATE
Documents List for Verification
The list of documents that candidates will have to carry in original as well as self-attested photocopies for verification purpose at the time of MDL Personal Interview Round are:
- Print-Out of submitted MDL Application Form
- Bank Challan counter-foil (Candidate’s Copy) of Application Fee paid.
- Valid ID Proof
- Document in support of Date of Birth (DOB)
- All academic mark-sheets and certificates including 10th, 12th and qualifying examination.
- Provisional Certificate of Qualifying Examination in case Final Certificate is not available.
- Candidates waiting for the Final results of Qualifying Examination should submit mark sheets of all completed semesters indicating the date of result declaration.
- In case of CGPA/ Grade being awarded by the Institute/ University, equivalence document indicating CGPA/ Grade to Percentage conversion issued by the awarding body.
- Caste Certificates (if claiming reservation)
- Documents in support of Age Relaxation, Physical Disability (if claiming relaxation)
- Appropriate NOC for candidates employed with any Government enterprise or PSUs.
Note: The above list is not exhaustive and candidates may be required to produce other relevant documents on a case to case basis in support of his/ her candidature. Also, in the absence of original documents for verification, the candidate will not be allowed to appear for the interview.
MDL General Instructions and Points:
- Preview the Application form and make corrections, if any, before submitting the same.
- There will be no scope of editing the application form once it has been submitted. MDL will not entertain any communication or correspondence in this regard.
- Take a print of your application form with the system-generated unique registration number for reference, prior to the closure of the application window. The option to print the filled-in application form will not be available once the application window is closed.
- Click on “Home” tab of the application portal and ensure your application submission status to be “Successfully Submitted”.
- Take a print-out of the pre-filled bank challan for payment of the one-time, non-refundable, processing fee at any SBI branch. (candidates belonging to SC/ST/PWD categories are exempt from paying this fee)
- Please ensure that the email ID registered at the time of MDL application remains active for at least one year thereafter to receive any communication from the company.
- It is advisable to complete the application and fee payment process ahead of the submission deadline in order to avoid last minute rush and possible technical glitches.
- Applicants are advised to not provide any misinformation in the online application form of MDL. In case, at any stage of the recruitment process, any candidate is found guilty of misrepresenting information, the application will be summarily rejected.
- MDL reserves the right to cancel/ modify/ restrict/ enlarge/ alter the recruitment process, as per requirement.
- Intimation regarding Personal Interview & Result will be hosted only on the official website under the head “Career->Executives”. Candidates are advised to Check MDL website at frequent intervals to stay updated on the recruitment status.
Check BHEL Recruitment through GATE