THDC Recruitment through GATE 2020- THDC India Limited (formerly known as Tehri Hydro Development Corporation Ltd), has announced the recruitment of Engineer Trainees through GATE 2020 in the discipline of Electrica, Civil and Mechanical. THDC India Limited is a joint venture of Government of India and Government of UP.
- A candidate who has completed his or her full-time Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Technology is eligible to apply.
- The maximum age of the candidate must be 30 years as on January 31, 2020. Check GATE PSU Cut off
- Shortlisted candidates on the basis of their GATE Score are called for GD and PI round.
- The standardized scores of GATE 2020 will form the foundation of merit list. The merit list shall be separate for different categories (General/OBC/SC/ST/PwD). Check How to Crack PSU Interviews.
GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) is a national level entrance exam organized by IIT on rotational basis. It is conducted for admission to M.Tech/ Ph.D. courses and other Government Scholarships/Assistantships in the field of engineering and technology. It is also a gateway of various PSUs. Read About PSU Recruitment through GATE 2020
Number of Vacancies
THDC hires Engineer Trainees from Electrical, Civil and Mechanical streams. The number of vacancies announced by THDC for each stream is tabulated below:
The total number of vacancies may change as per the requirement.
Job Profile and Salary
THDC India Limited is looking for talented, active young Graduate Engineers & Professionals with a strong academic record to join the organization. A candidate will work as an Engineer Trainee in Civil, Electrical and Mechanical profiles.
THDC India Limited offers very attractive salary packages for the candidates.It is one of the best in the business. The pay scale of the selected professionals will range from E-2 Rs. 20,600-3% to Rs. 46500 (IDA) (Provisional) at the time of training.
After the training of the candidates is completed effectively,they will be promoted as Sr. Engineers in E-3 Grade in the pay scale of Rs. 24,900-3%-50,500 (IDA) (Provisional).
Apart from the basic salary, candidates will be paid Dearness Allowance during the training period.The candidates will also be entitled for other perks & allowances under cafeteria approach.The candidates will also enjoy benefits like leave, medical treatment for self and dependent, Provident Fund, Pension and Gratuity.
The CTC per annum for the candidates recruited by THDC India Limited is given below
|At the time of Training||Approximately 7.00 Lakh Rupees|
|On Incorporation||Approximately 10.00 Lakh Rupees|
* The CTC per annum may differ to some extent depending on location of posting.
Check How to Crack PSU Interviews?
After regularization a candidate can enjoy following perks apart from basic salary:
- Dearness Allowance
- Perquisites and Allowance as per cafeteria
- Performance Related Pay
- Company Leased Accommodation / Company Quarters or HRA
- Reimbursement of monthly conveyance expenditure
- Mobile facility
- Short and Long term Loans & Advances
- Medical facilities for self and dependents
- Group Insurance
- Provident Fund
The chosen applicants will be required to carry out a service agreement bond of Rs. 2, 50,000/- (Rs. 1, 25,000/- for candidates belonging to SC/ ST/PH categories) to serve the company for at least 3 years after completing the training successfully.
- There is no age bar for Departmental applicants.
- For departmental candidates, qualifying marks will be “Pass Mark”.
THDC Recruitment: Application Form
Candidates have to register separately for THDC Recruitment through GATE 2020 apart from the GATE Registration. The process is quite similar to GATE Application Process. The candidates have to register online by the last date mentioned to participate in the THDC Recruitment Process.
The documents to be uploaded are required to be in JPEG/PNG/PDF format. The important documents required for the application process of THDC Recruitment with their specifications are tabulated below:
|Documents||Required File Size|
|Caste Certificate||<125 Kb|
|CGPA Conversion Certificate||<125 Kb|
|Qualifying Certificate||<125 Kb|
How to Apply for THDC Recruitment?
The steps to apply for THDC Recruitment through GATE are given below:
- Visit the official website of THDC and find the link to the Online Applications for THDC Recruitment through GATE 2020
- Enter your GATE Registration Number and stream applied.
- Also mention the personal, academic and communication details asked with correct information
- Also upload the photograph and signature, qualifying certificate, CGPA Conversion certificate and Caste certificate with the mentioned specifications.
- Verify the information entered and modify the incorrect information before final submission.
- After final submission, you will receive a registration number which must be noted down as it will be required in the further recruitment process.
- Print the completely filled application form displayed after final submission and attach photocopies of Class X, XII and qualifying exam marksheet and 3 photographs (name, THDC Registration number on backside of photograph).
- Post all the documents to the following address to ensure submission of the application for recruitment process through GATE:
Ganga Bhawan, Pragatipuram, Byepass Road
Rishikesh, Uttarakhand, Pincode-249201
THDC Recruitment Cutoff
The basic cutoff for applying is given below:
|Stream||General Cutoff||OBC Cutoff||SC/ST/PwD Cutoff|
Check GATE Cut off
THDC Recruitment: Eligibility
The basic eligibility for recruitment to the post offered by THDC is a valid GATE 2020 Score in either Electrical Engineering or Civil Engineering or Mechanical Engineering. The candidates appearing for the qualifying exam in 2019 are not eligible to apply.
The maximum age limit considered to apply for THDC is 30 years. The academic qualifications required to apply for THDC is given below:
- Engineer Trainee (Electrical)- A candidate applying to this position should have done full-time regular Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (B.E/B.Tech/B.SC Engg. )in discipline Electrical/ Electrical (Power)/ Electrical and Electronics/ Power Systems & High Voltage/Power Engineering from a recognized Indian University/Institute approved by AICTE. The candidate must have scored minimum 65% or Equivalent CGPA.
- Engineer Trainee (Civil)- A candidate applying to this position should have done a full-time regular Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering (B.E/B.Tech/B.SC Engg.) from a recognized Indian University/Institute approved by AICTE. Candidates must have obtained minimum 65% or Equivalent CGPA.
- Engineer Trainee (Mechanical)- A candidate applying to this position should have done full-time regular Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (B.E/B.Tech/B.SC Engg.) in discipline Mechanical/Mechanical & Automation from a recognized Indian University/Institute approved by AICTE. The minimum CGPA required to be recruited to the post offered by THDC through the mechanical stream is 65%.
The reservation criteria considered by THDC for its recruitment process is given below:
- Reservation for SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer) candidates /Persons with Disabilities (degree of disability 40% or above) and Ex- Serviceman will be as per the guidelines mentioned by the government.
- Recruitment to these vacancies will be offered to PWD applicants after taking into account the nature of tasks & duties of the post, site, risk and other factors, also taking into account that the disability is not expected to hinder with the performance of responsibilities of the job with rational effectiveness and without likely worsening of his/her health.
- Though, the final selection would be based on applicant’s medical fitness with respect to job profile of the identified posts.
- An applicant should fill the category very carefully, as once filled in the application form it will not be changed.
- An applicant has to submit a valid certificate in the prescribed format of Government of India, issued by the competent authority
Identified Group “A” jobs for PWD
List of positions/disciplines in which PwD candidates are eligible to apply for this recruitment drive is depicted in the table given below:
|S No||Position||PwD Category|
|1||Civil Engineer||OH (OA & OL) & HH|
|2||Electrical Engineer||OH (OL) & HH|
|3||Mechanical Engineer||OH (OL)|
Abbreviations Used: OA ‐ One Arm, OL ‐ One Leg, HH ‐ Hearing Handicapped, OH‐Orthopedically Handicapped
THDC Recruitment: Result and Selection Process
The result list is based on the marks scored by the candidate in GATE 2020. The result list shall be separate for different categories (General/ OBC/ SC/ ST/ PwD). The result list will be uploaded to the official website of THDC.
The candidates are selected on the basis of GATE 2020 scores. The standardized scores of GATE 2020 will form the foundation of the merit list. The merit list shall be separate for different categories (General/OBC/SC/ST/PwD). There will be no Group Discussion and Interview.
An applicant should be in good health. Prior to joining an applicant has to undergo health checkup at any CMO, THDCIL dispensary or CMO of any Govt. Hospital or any preferred hospital in agreement with a specified medical standard. A candidate will not be given any kind of relaxation regarding health standards.
- The candidates who have completed their Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Technology in the required disciplines is eligible to apply.
- All the qualifications should be from Indian University/Institute recognized and approved by AICTE.
- The competent authority reserves the right to augment /reduce the no. of vacancies or not to fill up any of the posts or elevate the minimum eligibility standards/or relax age/skill criteria in otherwise appropriate cases and cancel application of any applicant without conveying any reason.
- In case the information provided by the applicant is false or not in agreement with eligibility criteria, the management reserves the right to cancel the application at any stage.
- Applicants employed with Government Departments / PSUs / Autonomous Bodies have to generate NOC along with other documents at the time of joining.
- An applicant has to submit a valid copy of SC/ST/OBC (Non-creamy layer)/Physically Challenged certificate in the prescribed format of Government of India, issued by the competent authority.
- Physically Challenged applicants are required to provide duly Stamped Medical Certificate in relation to their disability from Govt. Hospital or Govt. Medical Board.
- In case of applicants belonging to Doob Kshetra the official document shall be valid only if the same is issued by Special Land Acquisition Officer (SLO).
- The selected candidates can be posted anywhere in India or Abroad.
- A candidate should check keep the registered E-mail ID active for one year. No change in e-mail ID will be permitted once entered. All future communication shall be sent via e-mail only.
- All incomplete applications will be rejected.
- For any queries, regarding this recruitment exercise, a candidate can send mail to email@example.com