AAI Recruitment Through GATE: Airports Authority of India (AAI) will release official notification for recruitment through GATE 2019. The recruitment for Junior Executive (Civil, Electrical, Electronics and Architecture) posts will be based on GATE 2019 score.
The application process of recruitment drive is completely online. The application fee is INR 300, however, reserved category candidates are exempted from paying the fees. The last date to apply online for AAI recruitment through GATE 2019 is May 28 (tentative). Read on to know more about AAI recruitment through GATE exam, important dates, official notification, eligibility and other such information.
This year, GATE 2019 is scheduled for February 2, 3, 9 and 10, 2019
in online mode. Candidates with bachelors degree can apply the exam. The registration process is closed now. All the successful applicants can download the GATE Admit card
from January 04, 2019.
- Candidates shortlisted on the basis of GATE Normalized Marks will be called directly for document verification which will be held at Corporate Headquarters at New Delhi.
- In addition to Basic Pay, increment @ 3% of Basic Pay per annum, Dearness Allowance, Perks @ 35% of Basic Pay, HRA and Other benefits which includes CPF, Gratuity, Social Security Schemes, Medical Benefits, uniform allowance etc., are admissible as per AAI rules. Check How to crack PSU Interviews
- The Cost to Company per annum would be around 9.1 lakhs approximately for the post of Junior Executive respectively,' says the recruiting body about the emoluments.
AAI Recruitment 2019 Application Dates
|Opening Date for On‐Line Applications||April 5, 2019|
|Last Date for On‐Line Applications||May 28, 2019|
|Last Date for payment of Application Fee||To be verified|
AAI Recruitment Job Profile
The candidates hired generally work in the CNS (Communication, Navigation and Surveillance) department, overlooking after various technical equipment installed at airports that aid flights. They continuously monitor and take readings, keep a record and maintain the desired performance. In case of failure or malfunction, they identify and repair the same. Check PSU Recruitment through GATE
AAI Junior Executive Job Profile (Electrical Engineering)
The Work of an AAI Junior Executive in Electrical Engineering is centered around executing maintenance and smooth running of the Electrical Infrastructure and includes tasks such as:
- Maintenance of all the electrical equipments.
- Reading design specifications and technical drawings.
- Researching suitable solutions and estimating costs and timescales.
- Recording, analyzing and interpreting test data.
- Servicing equipments on a regular basis.
AAI Junior Executive Job Profile (Civil Engineering)
The Work of an AAI Junior Executive in Civil Engineering is centered around executing maintenance and construction of structures, runways etc. and includes tasks such as:
- Undertaking technical and feasibility studies.
- Compiling job specs and supervising tendering procedures.
- Resolving design and development problems.
- Managing project resources.
- Assessing the sustainability and environmental impact of projects
AAI Recruitment Eligibility
The eligibility criteria for applying to the post of Executive Trainee is described below –
|Name of Post||Essential Qualification||GATE Branch/ GATE Code|
|Junior Executive (Civil & Electrical Engineering)||Full time regular Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/Technology in Civil and Engineering/Technology in Electrical with minimum 60%marks from a recognized / deemed university or from an apex Institution i.e. IIT recognized by Government of India and having qualifying GATE Normalized marks on GATE Score card for the year 2018.||CE/ EE|
|Junior Executive (Electronics)||Full time regular Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/Technology with minimum 60%marks in Electronics/ Telecommunications/ Electrical with specialization in Electronics from a recognized/ deemed university or from an apex Institution i.e., IIT recognized by Government of India and having valid GATE Normalized Marks on GATE Score card for the year 2018.||EC|
|Junior Executive (Architecture)||Full time Bachelor’s degree in Architecture and registered with Council of Architecture.||AR|
AAI Recruitment Eligibility – Age Limit
- Not more than 27 years for Unreserved Candidate.
- Not more than 30 years for OBC candidate.
- Not more than 32 years for SC/ST Candidate.
- For Ex‐servicemen, age relaxation is applicable as prescribed by Govt. of India orders issued from time‐to‐time.
- Relaxation by 05 (Five) Years for the candidate who had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period 01.01.80 to 31.12.1989 and candidate has to provide the certificate for the same issued by District Magistrate/Block Development Officer/Sub Divisional Officer at the time of document verification.
- The Date of Birth as recorded in the Matriculation/Secondary Examination Certificate will only be accepted.
The seat distribution for various categories and subsequent reservation has been presented below in the table –
|Name of the Post||No. of Vacancies & Reservation|
|Junior Executive (Engineering‐ Civil)||50||27||15||8||100**|
|Junior Executive (Engineering‐ Electrical)||50||27||15||8||100**|
|Junior Executive (Electronics)||189||80||39||22||330|
|Junior Executive (Architecture)||09||02||-||01||12|
*(NCL) = (Non‐Creamy Layer)
** Includes 2 vacancies for PWD (1‐OH‐One leg, 1‐HH‐partially deaf)
AAI Recruitment - How to Apply?
Candidates are advised to read the following instructions carefully before appyling online:
- Candidates are required to apply online through the official website i.e. www.aai.aero under tab “Careers”.
- Before appyling, candidates should have a valid personal e-mail ID.
- Moreover, candidates should keep at hand the following details/ documents/ information:
- Educational qualification details with percentage of marks/ GATE Scorecard etc. as per eligibility criteria.
- Caste/ Category Certificate (for SC/OBC-NCL Candidates)
- Discharge Certificate in case of Ex-Serviceman Candidate.
- Scanned photograph and signature (as per dimensions)
- Any other details/ documents required relating to eligibility criteria. Check GATE PSU Cutoff
Instructions Regarding Scanning of Photograph and Signature
Scanned image of photograph and signature, should be as per the specifications given below –
|Photograph Dimension||Signature Dimension|
|Must be a Recent passport size colour picture (not more than 3 months old)||It should be on white paper with Black ink pen.|
|Photograph in cap/hat/dark glasses will not be acceptable. Religious headwear is allowed but it must not cover the face||Signature file should be between 10kb – 20kb dimensions; 140 * 60 pixels (preferred)|
|Size of scanned photograph file should be between 20kb – 50kb with 200 * 230 pixels, only. |
AAI Recruitment – Application Fee
Candidates are required to remit the prescribed fee through bank challan and deposit the fee at the nearest SBI branch. Candidates belonging to reserved categories and female candidates are not required to pay any Application fee.
|General and OBC Category||INR 300|
AAI Recruitment - Selection Process
- Candidates shortlisted on the basis of GATE Normalized Marks will be called directly for document verification.
- Candidates already working in Government/Semi-Government/Public Sector Undertaking are required to produce “No Objection Certificate” from the present employer at the time of document verification.
- Call letter for appearing for document verification will be sent to the candidates at their registered e-mail ID.
- Candidate will have to produce their Original Certificates along with a proof of identity and one set of self-attested photocopies of the Certificates.
- On finalization of document verification, selection will be made as per merit list prepared on the GATE Normalized Marks of applied candidates.
- Appointment of successful candidates will be subject to verification of various original documents relating to Age, Qualifications, Caste & Medical fitness certificate.
AAI Recruitment - General Instructions
- Information such as date of birth, Category and Sub-Category [SC/ST/OBC (NCL)/ExServiceman], email Id once filled by candidate in the online application form will not be changed under any circumstances.
- Decision of the AAI about the eligibility, acceptance or rejection of applications, mode of selection to the post etc. will be final and binding.
- Candidates selected for the post of Junior Executive (Electronics) will have to execute a surety bond for an amount of Rupees five lakhs to serve Airports Authority of India for a period of three years after completion of training.
- As the competition is very high, aspirants must have a valid and nice GATE score to be considered for the recruitment in Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs).
- AAI will not bear any liability on account of Salary/ leave salary/ pension contribution etc., if any, of previous employment of any candidate already working in Government/Semi Government/Public Sector Undertaking.
- Decision of AAI in respect of all matters pertaining to this recruitment would be final and binding on all candidates.
- No separate communication will be issued regarding results except to the selected candidates.
- To check result, candidate must open AAI’ s official website and enter their name, roll number and password correctly.
- Candidates are advised to print a hard-copy of the result for any future purpose.