BHEL Recruitment through GATE 2018 – Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited or BHEL will recruit graduate engineers through GATE 2018 Scores. The online application form was available from February 12, 2018 to March 12, 2018. The recruitment is open for the post of Engineer Trainees in BHEL on the basis of GATE 2018 Scores. Applicants holding Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering degree can apply for the same.
PSU Recruitment through GATE 2018
GATE PSU Cut Off 2018 (Expected)
GATE 2018 Cut Off
|BHEL Online Application Start Date||Febraury 12, 2018|
|BHEL Online Application Closing Date||March 12, 2018|
|Closing of on-line payment||March 13, 2018|
Number of Vacancies and Job Profile
The following table show you the post wise vacancies:
Candidates must have passed Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology or 5-year integrated Master’s Degree/ Dual degree program in engineering or technology in the following disciplines from a recognized Indian university or institute:
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Candidates must be 27 years old (candidates born before 1/9/1990 cannot apply)
- Age limit is 29 years for candidates with 2 years full time PG in: Engineering or Business Administration/Management
There are some relaxations given to candidates from reserved categories.
1. For SC/ST candidates: Relaxation by 5 years
- OBC (Non Creamy Layer)- Relaxation by 3 years
- Ex-servicemen- Relaxation as per government rules
- Candidates domiciled in state of J&K from 1/1/1981 to 31/12/1990- Relaxation by 5 years
2. For Physically challenged candidates, upper age limit is reliable by:
- General category- 10 years
- OBC (NCL)- 13 years
- SC/ST- 15 years
How to Apply
To apply for Engineer trainee position at BHEL, candidates will have to visit the official web portal of BHEL at http://careers.bhel.in/. The application portal was activated from February 12, 2018 to March 12, 2018.
Steps to Apply are:
- Go to the official website and click on “Apply Online”
- Select the discipline and enter GATE Registration number
- Fill personal, educational and other required details.
- An acknowledgment number will be generated which must be kept safe.
- Next, upload the scanned documents as asked and click on “Save and Proceed”
- Pay the application fee of INR 300 (additional taxes applicable) through Credit/ Debit card/Net Banking.
Candidates must have qualifying GATE Score to get recruited at BHEL. Candidates will be selected based on Personal Interview session.
- Weightage given will be 75% to the GATE scores and 25% to the Interview
- Physically challenged candidates will be given relaxation in cut off marks in concerned categories for interview
- Refrain from providing any wrong/false information as this can be cause for disqualification
- Mere issuing of Call letter of Interview does not imply the candidature has been cleared by the authority.
- candidates have to clear all rounds of the Selection Procedure to be finally eligible for Selection at the post of Engineer Trainees with BHEL.
The various Disciplines Required by BHEL are given below:
1. Mechanical Disciplines of Engineering
- Industrial and Production Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Mechanical Production and Tool Engineering
- Production Technology Manufacturing Engineering/NIFFT Ranchi
- Manufacturing Process and Automation
- Power Plant Engineering
- Production Engineering
- Production and Industrial Engineering
- Thermal Engineering
- Manufacturing/Technology/Power Engineering
2. Electrical Disciplines of Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics
- Electrical Instrumentation and Control High Voltage Engineering
- Power Systems and High Voltage Engineering
- Electrical Machine
- Electronics and Power
- Power Electronics
- Power Plant Engineering,
- Power Engineering
- Energy Engineering
Salary and Remuneration Package
During the training period, basic pay of INR 20600/- to 46500 will be paid. Following a successful training, trainees will be absorbed as Engineers with a pay scale of INR 24900 to 50500 with basic pay of INR 24900/-. Total Cost to Company will be INR 8 lakhs as Engineer Trainees
* Additional perks and benefits are applicable as per the rules.
Selected candidates will have to carry out service agreement bond of INR 2,00,000/- to serve the company for 3 years at least following training completion.
Candidates will also furnish surety bond executed by any of the following:
- Reliable Surety
Apart from basic pay, here are a few allowances that the engineers will enjoy:
- Dearness Allowance
- Perks and allowances
- Leave Encashment
- Medical Facilities
- Related Pay
- HRA-Housing Rent Allowance
- Performance Related Pay
- Subsidized Canteen Facilities
- Approximate CTC is INR 8.0 lakhs per annum as Engineer Trainee
Read About How to Crack PSU Interviews?
Selected candidates will have to execute a service agreement bond of INR 2,00,000/- to serve the company for 3 years after completion of training.
- Candidates will also be made to furnish surety bond.
- No request for transfer during training period and beyond will be entertained and in case outside influence is used, Rule 17 of the BHEL Conduct, Discipline and Appeal Rules 1975 comes into place.
Health and Medical
Applicants should possess sound health and before joining, they have to undergo medical exam and company’s authorized officer will examine them.
- Appointment is subject to health standards prescribed by the firm.
- There will be no relaxing of health standards and BHEL Medical Examination Rules can be managed up close.
- Definition of Locomotor Disability and Hearing Impairment for PwD is as per the Disabilities Act 1995.
- Persons with less than 40% of relevant disability are not allowed for reservation. Physically challenged candidates have to give self-attested comp of duly stamped medical certificate from a government hospital in relation to disability.
Categories wise cutoff
Cut offs for BHEL through GATE 2017 selection were as follows:
The GATE cutoff needed is on the higher side and only those in the top ranks stand a high chance of being called for the interview.
Read About BHEL Cut off
- Candidates should give final year mark sheets during interview.
- Those employed in state or central government and autonomous bodies or PSUs may only apply through proper channel or submit NOC at time of interview.
- Wrong information will lead to disqualification; admission at all stages will be provision subject to verification of eligibility.
- Candidates should have valid email ID while communicating with BHEL, official website provides details about how to access further communication.
Read About PSU through GATE 2018