RVNL Recruitment through GATE 2020 - Rail Vikas Nigam Limited (RVNL) is a mini-Ratna PSU under the Ministry of Railways. RVNL recruits skilled and professional candidates having valid GATE Scores for appointment in Civil, Electrical & Signal & Telecommunication Departments of RVNL. Interested candidates can submit applications on the official website of RVNL.
Latest Update: GATE 2020 will be conducted on February 1, 2, 8 and 9. The result for the same will announce on March 16, 2020 on the official website of GOAPS. Check GATE Result 2020
- Applicants having Engineering degree with required marks are only eligible to apply.
- Candidates will be selected on the basis of GATE Scores and Personal Interview. Check How to Crack PSU Interviews?
- Applicants can be posted at various places in the States of Odisha & Chhattisgarh. RVNL has the right to post candidates to other locations in India as per its requisite. Check GATE PSU Cut off
- Selected candidates will receive monthly remuneration of Rs 28,000/-.
NOTE: Initially, candidates will not be hired on regular basis. Applicants will be hired on contract basis for duration of one year.
After one year, the performance of the candidate and the progress of the project will be reviewed. After that, it will be decided if a candidate should be regularized or not.
Job Profile and Compensation Package
RVNL is recruiting candidates for appointment in Civil, Electrical & Signal & Telecommunication Departments of RVNL.
The particulars of the post and the educational credentials required are as under:-
|Name of the Post||Educational Credentials|
|Site Engineer (Civil, Electrical & Signals)||B.E. /B. Tech in Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering & Electronics & Communication Engineering with valid GATE 2020 Score.|
A Site Engineer will receive monthly remuneration of Rs 28,000/-. At first, a candidate will not be hired on regular basis for the duration of one year. After one year, the performance of the candidate and the progress of the project will be reviewed. After that, it will be decided if a candidate should be regularized or not.
Read About PSU Recruitment through GATE
Place of Posting
The candidates after selection can be posted at various places in the States of Odisha & Chhattisgarh. Chosen Site Engineers will be placed in the field at any of the RVNL Projects situated at Salka Road, Annupur, Dalli, Rajhara, Raoghat, Bhatapara, Ukhara, Khurda Road, Brang, Cuttack, Rajatgarh, Haridaspur, Paradeep, Jakhapura, Jaroli, Angul, Sukinda, Sambalur, Titlagarh and Raipur in the States of Chhattisgarh & Odisha. Only those applicants who are interested to serve in these places should apply. RVNL has the right to post candidates to other locations in India as per its need.
- An applicant should have appeared in the mentioned exam of GATE 2020 and passed the same. The qualifying marks shall be as affirmed by GATE 2020 conducting body.
- A Candidate must be an Indian National
- A candidate who has completed his or her full-time Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Electronics & Communication Engineering is eligible to apply.
- Final year students are not eligible to apply.
An applicant who has qualified GATE 2020, as per the following details are eligible:
|Discipline||Prescribed full-time regular degrees in Engineering / Technology||Corresponding GATE Paper||Corresponding GATE Paper Code|
|Chemical||Chemical Engg.||Chemical Engineering||CE|
|Electrical||Electrical Engg.||Electrical Engineering||EE|
|Electronics and Communication||Electronics and Communication Engg.||Electronics and Communication Engineering||ECE|
|Civil||Civil Engg.||Civil Engineering||CE|
- An applicant has to submit a valid SC/ST/OBC certificate in the prescribed format of Government of India, issued by the competent authority.
- Reservation for SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer) candidates and Persons with Disabilities will be as per the directions given by the government.
- An applicant should fill the category very carefully, as once filled in the application form it will not be changed.
Read About How to Crack PSU Interviews?
Application Process and Fee
There is no application fee. A candidate has to apply online for the recruitment process.
The list of the documents that are required for the online application process is given below
- GATE 2020 Score Card: JPEG/PDF Format
- Photograph: JPEG Format
- Signature: JPEG Format
Applicants, if selected, are essential to bring the following documents at the time of Interview
- Original GATE 2020 Scorecard as received from the IIT
- Date of Birth Proof (Class X Marks Sheet)
- Class XII Marks Sheet
- Graduation completion certificate
- Provisional certificate
If an applicant fails to submit these documents, then he or she will not be allowed to sit for Interview.
How to Apply?
- Read all the important details properly.
- The first step for a candidate is to apply online using GATE registration Number and Roll number on the official website www.rvn.org.
- A candidate is required to fill all the required details in the application form like Name of the applicant, Parent's or Guardian Name, Permanent Address, Date of Birth, Mobile Number, E-mail ID, etc.
- After that registration number and the password is sent by SMS to the mobile number mentioned in the application form.
- The candidate should give the details of the permanent mobile number, Email-ID, corresponding address as this would be the source for future contact including the issue of appointment letter on final selection.
- After that, a candidate has to fill his or her details of educational/professional qualifications like marks scored in class X, XII, diploma and degree examination.
- An applicant who has not done a diploma in engineering would need to click the column “Not applicable” to go the next page.
- There are three tables in which the details of the graduation are to be filled- Table A, B and C.
- Table A is for a candidate who wants to enter overall percentage secured in Degree examination.
- Table B is for a candidate who wants to enter CGPA or DGPA secured in Degree examination and the percentage equivalent has to be entered by the candidate.
- Table C is for a candidate who wants to enter CGPA or DGPA secured in Degree examination and the percentage equivalent will be calculated automatically as per RVNL norms.
- Then, an applicant has to enter the details of site preference and the details of the work experience. Under site preferences, an applicant must fill in at least a minimum of 2 preferences distinct from each other.
- After that, a candidate is required to upload a scanned copy of passport size photograph, signature and copy of latest GATE score card.
- Then, a candidate has to give the details of minimum two references with whom the candidate is acquainted with.
- Check all the entered details carefully, before clicking on the submit button. As Once the Submit is hit, no further changes to the application would be valid.
- A candidate must register with valid GATE registration number as in case of invalid GATE registration number the application will be rejected.
- Do not register more than once.
- Applications further than or earlier than the specified period will not be accepted.
- No applications need to be sent by post. Applications if any sent by post will not be acknowledged.
The candidates are selected on the basis of GATE 2020 Scores and earlier GATE Scores are not acceptable. Mere applying for the post or having minimum qualification is no assurance for an Interview Call.
RVNL management will short-list the candidates for interview. Short-listed Candidates are required to submit all the required documents at the time of Interview. If an applicant fails to submit these documents, then he or she will not be allowed to sit for Interview.
The result list contains information like Registration number, Full name, Father's Name and Date of Birth. The result list will be released by the competent authority based on the Interview given by the candidate and GATE 2020 scores.
Separate result lists are released for different disciplines by the authority. A result list contains the names of two types of candidates. Firstly, the name of the candidates whose selection is confirmed is there.
After that, there is a Supplementary List which contains the name of the candidates whose offer letter of appointment on a contract basis may or may not be sent to them depending upon the necessity in the projects and subject to denial to accept the appointment by confirmed candidates.
Read About PSU through GATE 2020
Date/Time/Place of Interview
Interview of Selected candidates will be held discipline-wise at a place decided by RVNL tentatively. The exact Date/Time/Place of Interview will be declared on the official website of RVNL and the applicants informed about the same through SMS.
An applicant is advised to visit official website of RVNL on a regular basis to get update on the Interview Schedule. Shortlisted candidates should report on time along with their original testimonials in support of the data mentioned in their application as per the schedule.
The competent authority reserves the right to augment /reduce the no. of vacancies or not to fill up any of the posts or elevate the minimum eligibility standards/or relax age/skill criteria in otherwise appropriate cases and cancel application of any applicant without conveying any reason.
In case the information provided by the applicant is false or not in agreement with eligibility criteria, the management reserves the right to cancel the application at any stage.
Note: In case of any query, a candidate can contact 011- 26738299(EXT. 308) from 10 am to 6.30 pm only.
Read About GATE PSU Cut off
- A candidate who has completed his or her full time Bachelor's Degree in (Engineering or Technology) in the required disciplines is eligible to apply.
- All the qualifications should be from Indian University/Institute recognized and approved by AICTE.
- In case the information provided by the applicant is false or not in agreement with eligibility criteria, the management reserves the right to cancel the application at any stage.
- The selected candidates can be posted anywhere in India.
- The candidate should give the details of the permanent mobile number, Email-ID, corresponding address as this would be the source for future contact including issue of appointment letter on final selection.
- All incomplete applications will be rejected.