IIT Bhubaneshwar M.Tech Admission: The online registrations for admission in the institute is now closed. It is also mandatory to register at COAP website after successfully submitting the application for M.Tech admission for making decision against admission offers. Candidates with 60% marks or 6.5 CGPA in B.Tech with valid score card are eligible to apply for M.Tech admissions. 5% relaxation of marks in the qualifying degree examination would be granted to the SC/ST/PWD candidates.
The shortlisting of regular candidates for admission into M.Tech. Programmes will be based on GATE score only. The selection is based on 70% weightage for the GATE score and 30% weightage for the performance in the Written Test and Interview. The total seats in the institute for M.Tech program is 172. Read on to know more about IIT Bhubaneshwar admission process, important dates, cut off, selection criteria and other important details.
M.Tech Programs Offered at IIT Bhubaneshwar
IIT Bhubaneswar invites applications for admission in the following specializations:
- Climate Science and Technology
- Structural Engineering
- Transportation Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Power System Engineering
- Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
- Mechanical Systems Design
- Thermal Science and Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Water Resources Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
Expected GATE 2020 Cut off for IIT Bhubaneshwar
|Electronics & Communication Engineering||545- 555||495- 505||365- 375|
|Power System Engineering||495- 505||450- 460||335- 345|
|Mechanical System Design||595- 605||535- 545||400- 410|
|Thermal Sciences and Engineering||595- 605||535- 545||400- 410|
|Structural Engineering||575- 585||520- 530||385- 395|
|Transportation Engineering||545- 555||495- 505||365- 375|
|Climate Science and Technology||425- 435||385- 395||285- 295|
|Materials Science and Engineering||460- 470||360- 370||280- 290|
Read about GATE 2020
IIT Bhubaneshwar M.Tech Admission Process
The online registration process for M.Tech admission in IIT Bhubaneshwar is going on. The eligible candidates must fill up and submit the application form before April 10, 2020 for academic session 2020-21. Candidates willing to apply for M.Tech admissions can check the following steps to know the application procedure mentioned below:
- Visit the official website of IIT Bhubaneshwar i.e. iitbbs.ac.in
- Go to the admission tab and click on the M.Tech applications.
- Candidates have to register themselves by providing their Email Id and Password.
- They are required to fill up the personal, educational qualification details in the application form. They are also required to upload the enclosures along with photograph and signature.
- Make the payment through online (credit/debit card) or offline mode.
- Verify the entered details carefully and click on the save & submit button. After the submission of online application, the application number will be displayed. Take a printout of the application form for its further usage.
List of Enclosures
Candidates need to upload the following documents which are given below:
- Mark/grade sheets, certificates and documents starting from Matriculation till highest degree attained.
- Upload any other relevant documents & certificates related to educational and professional experience.
- Upload documents related to GATE No Objection Certificate (In case of Sponsored)
- Release certificate from the present employer (If currently employed)
- Updated Curriculum Vitae
Instructions for Application Procedure
At the time of filling of application form, candidates should check the instructions regarding uploading of documents as listed below:
- The photograph should be in JPG/JPEG format with a dimension of 200*250 pixels and less than 100kb. The signature must be in JPG format with a dimension of 200*50 pixels and less than 80 kb.
- If candidates have more than 10 documents to upload, then upload five documents first and again come to step 3 and upload next 4/5 documents and repeat the step.
- The documents must be in PDF format.
The application fee for General/OBC category is INR 300 while it is INR 150 for SC/ST category. There is no application fee for female candidates. The application fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances.
IIT Bhubaneshwar M.Tech Admission Eligibility Criteria
It is important to check the prescribed eligibility criteria before applying for M.Tech admission in IIT Bhubaneshwar to apply. GATE Score is valid for three years for M.Tech admissions. The eligibility criteria are different for all the programmes. Candidates can go through the following table to know the detailed eligibility criteria and the number of seats in all departments as mentioned below:
|Name of the Programme||Previous Degree||Desirable Requisite||Seats Intake|
|Climate Science & Technology||60% marks in M. Sc. or equivalent degree in Atmospheric Science/ Marine Science/ Oceanography/ Meteorology/ Physics/ Chemistry/ Mathematics along with a valid GATE score.||Mathematics or Physics at B.Sc. Level essential||18|
|60% marks in B. Tech./ B.E. or equivalent degree in Civil Engineering/ Applied Mechanics/ Aeronautical Engineering/ Mechanical Engineering/ Computer Science & Engineering or equivalent along with a valid GATE score.|
|Structural Engineering||60% marks in B. Tech. / B.E. or equivalent degree in Civil Engineering along with a valid GATE score.||12|
|Transportation Engineering||60% marks in B. Tech./ B.E. or equivalent degree in Civil Engineering/ Infrastructure Engineering, Bachelors in Architecture or Planning along with a valid GATE score.||10|
|Environmental Engineering||60% marks in B. Tech./ B.E. or equivalent degree in Civil Engineering/ Environmental Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Biochemical Engineering with a valid GATE score.||12|
|Water Resources Engineering||60% marks in B. Tech./ B.E. or equivalent degree in Civil Engineering/ Agricultural with a valid GATE score.||12|
|Electronics & Communication Engineering||60% marks in B.Tech./ B.E. or equivalent degree in Electrical, Electronics, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Electronics and Electrical Engineering or equivalent along with a valid GATE score.||Electronics & Communication Engineering||18|
|Power System Engineering||60% marks in B.Tech./ B.E. or equivalent degree in Electrical, Electrical and Electronics Engineering or equivalent (with a valid GATE score in Electrical Engineering).||Electrical Engineering||18|
|Materials Science and Engineering||60% marks in B.Tech./ B.E. or equivalent degree in Metallurgy, Materials Science, Ceramic, Chemical, Mechanical, Production Engineering and allied specializations with valid GATE score or 60% marks or M.Sc. in Materials Science along with a valid GATE score.||Mathematics at B.Sc. level is desirable in case of M. Sc.||18|
|Mechanical Systems Design||60% marks in B. Tech./ B. E. or Equivalent in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent (with a valid GATE score)||Mechanical Engineering||18|
|Thermal Science and Engineering||60% marks in B. Tech./B. E. or Equivalent in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent (with a valid GATE score).||Mechanical Engineering||18|
There is a relaxation of 5% of marks in qualifying degree examination for reserved categories such as SC/ ST/ PWD candidates.
The reservations for SC/ST/OBC/PWD category will apply as per Government of India rules. The caste category certificate must be submitted in the specified format. OBC candidates must ensure that the limit of annual income is less than INR 6 lakhs. The certificate of OBC NCL (Non-creamy layer) issued after April 01, 2014 by the competent authority in the prescribed format must be submitted at the time of admission.
IIT Bhubaneshwar M.Tech Selection Criteria
- Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of GATE 2020 Score only. The cutoff marks are declared as per norms of the institute.
- The selection of regular candidates is based on 70% weightage for GATE Score and 30% weightage for the performance in written test and interview.
- The final merit list will be prepared on the basis of scores obtained in all the rounds of selection process.
- The written test and interview contain equal weightage of 15% each.
- Candidates belonging to the general/OBC category have to score minimum 50% of marks in written test to go for interview round (40% marks for SC/ST category).
- The calculation of the cutoff marks on the combined score for the final selection of candidates in different categories will be as per the norms of institutes.
IIT Bhubaneshwar M.Tech Fee Structure
The fee structure is set by IIT Bhubaneshwar and vary according to the category. Check the following to know the fee structure for regular and sponsored students given below:
GEN / OBC-NCL
SC / ST / PWD
Fee for Autumn Semester
FEE paid at the time of seat acceptance for IIT Bhubaneswar
Rs. 44,000 /-
Fees to be paid at the time of registration / admission at IIT Bhubaneswar
Institute Fee: Rs. 89,240/- Hostel Mess Advance: Rs. 14,000/-
Institute Fee: Rs.14,240/- Hostel Mess Advance: Rs. 14,000/- )
Rs 1000/- should be paid as processing fee for document verification at reporting centre
IIT Bhubaneshwar GATE Cutoff 2017
IIT Bhubaneshwar GATE Cutoff vary according to the categories and departments in IITB. These are the last scores required by a candidate to secure admission in M.Tech at IIT Bhubaneswar. Here, we are providing 2017 GATE Cutoff of IIT Bhubaneshwar for admission to M.Tech program in the given table below:
|School of Electrical Sciences||Electronics & Communication Engineering||550||495||368|
|School of Electrical Sciences||Power System Engineering||500||450||335|
|School of Mechanical Sciences||Mechanical System Design||600||540||402|
|School of Mechanical Sciences||Thermal Sciences and Engineering||600||540||402|
|School of Infrastructure||Structural Engineering||580||522||388|
|School of Infrastructure||Transportation Engineering||550||495||368|
|School of Earth, Ocean and Climate Sciences||Climate Science and Technology||430||387||288|
|School of Minerals, Metallurgical & Materials Engineering||Materials Science and Engineering||462||364||280|