IIT Guwahati offers admission to various M.Tech programs on the basis of GATE Scores. GATE 2020 applicants making it to the cut off score will be considered for further admission process at IIT Guwahati. The mandatory step to apply for admission is to register at COAP portal. The last date to do the same is over and now all the successfully registered candidates are recovering admission offers from their preferred colleges.
- Round 1 and 2 results had been released earlier.
- Candidates will be able to check the Round 3 offers of admission at the official website of COAP on June 24 to 25, 2020. Check GATE COAP Counselling
After the declaration of GATE Result, all the participating institutes had released their separate cut off list. Students score equal or more than cut off marks are called for counseling. Factors Affecting GATE Cut Off are:
- Number of candidates appeared in exam
- Number of seats in each course
- Level of difficulty of GATE
- Category of candidate
Read the article to know more about admission process, selection rocks, cut off, and much more.
IIT Guwahati Eligibility Criteria
IIT Guwahati M.Tech Eligibility Criteria
- Minimum CPI of 6.5 or 60% of marks or First Class in the qualifying degree and valid GATE score
- Candidates having B.Tech degrees from an IIT with a minimum CPI of 7.0 need not have a valid GATE score, i.e., they may apply without a valid GATE score also
- Sponsored (Full-time) and Part-Time candidates should possess an experience of at least 2 years in the respective field and employee of the organising sponsoring them
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST/PD category will get a relaxation of 5% or 0.5 CPI in the minimum qualifying marks
- Candidates who are still to appear in their qualifying exam must complete all their qualifying exam by July 16, 2020. Such candidates will be granted admission provisionally provided they submit the proof of qualifying degree by August 24, 2020 and fulfill other eligibility criteria including valid GATE score and other minimum requirements otherwise their admission will be cancelled.
IIT Guwahati Admission Procedure
IIT Guwahati M.Tech. Admission Procedure
Candidates qualifying GATE exam and seeking admission in M.Tech/ME programs at IIT Guwahati have to fill Admission form online on the official website. However, before that as per the directives are given in the year 2017, there will be a Common Offer Acceptance Portal where candidates will have to fill in their preferences for GATE Counselling process. The choice will include the option of Graduate Study or PSU job.
The whole procedure will be carried out online only. Shortlisted candidates will be called for a written test. Candidates clearing the written test will have to appear for interview.
Steps to apply for the admission process are stated below
- Visit the official website of both, COAP and IIT Guwahati and select the option Online application form
- Fill the online application form and submit it (follow the guidelines for ‘Filling-up Online M.Tech/M.Des Application Form’)
- Upload the photograph and relevant documents mentioned below. The documents can only be uploaded after successful submission of online application form. Uploading document is mandatory else the application will not be considered further.
- Take a print out of completely filled application form and also keep the copy of it in your system/pen drive. Candidate need not send hard copy to the institute
If a candidate is shortlisted and called to appear in Written Test/ Interview/Counselling, he/she will be required to bring a Demand Draft for Rs.150/- (Rs.75/- for SC/ST/PD candidates), from any nationalized bank, in favour of INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY GUWAHATI, payable at Guwahati.
Note: At the end of the application process, candidates can opt for Graduate Fellowship Scheme (DGFS) under Department of Atomic Energy. This is optional. In case a candidate gets admission in M.Tech Programme in IIT Guwahati and DGFS simultaneously, he/she will be eligible for DGFS while pursuing M.Tech at IIT Guwahati
IIT Guwahati Selection Process
IIT Guwahati Selection Process
Candidates can check the selection criteria for the IIT Guwahati M. Tech admission below:
- Candidates have to register at the official website of IIT, and also at Common Offer Acceptance Portal (COAP).
- Then fill the application form online and apply for IIT Guwahati M. tech admissions through COAP.
- The admission offers will be intimated to candidates via SMS/ email registered during the application process.
- Candidates can also check the admission offers by login on GATE COAP portal as well.
- Eligible candidates will be allotted seats in IIT Guwahati M. Tech.
Previous Year Cut Off
IIT Guwahati GATE Previous Year Cut Off
Previous Year Cut Off
GATE Cut Off for 2018 was released in the month of April. The cut off is calculated out of 1000 marks. Find below the cut off for Computer Science Engineering and Civil Engineering.
GATE Cut Off 2018 for Civil Engineering
|Civil Engineering (CE)||350||315||233||233|
* Eligible for “Water Resources Engineering and Management” and “Earth System Science and Engineering” specializations.
** Only eligible for “Infrastructure Engineering and Management” specialization.
*** Only eligible for the specialization of “Earth System Science and Engineering”.
GATE Cut Off 2017 for Computer Science Engineering
|CS||≥ 600||≥ 550||≥ 400||≥ 400||≥ 400|
GATE Cut Off 2017 for Civil Engineering
|Civil Engineering (CE)||358||320||252||251|
|Civil Engineering (CE) PD||252||252||252||NA|
IIT Guwahati GATE 2016 Cut Off
In the table given below, we are providing the GATE Cut off marks for getting into different courses in IIT Guwahati for the year 2016. This will give a candidate a rough idea about the minimum marks they need to score in GATE (out of 1000) to secure their admission in the specialisation of their choice in IIT Guwahati
|Computer Science and Engineering||768||520||448||654|
|Power and Control||726||489||-||629|
|Fluid and Thermal Engineering||713||623||510||289|
|Computer Assisted Manufacturing||546||401||-||340|
|Geo Technical Engineering||671||581||488||435|
Note: The overall merit is decided by giving 70% weightage to GATE marks and 30% weightage to written test + interview
IIT Guwahati M.Tech Documents Required
Candidates should keep the following documents (scanned soft copy of each document) ready before they start filling the admission form else they won’t be able to complete the process and the application will be rejected. The documents required are as follow:
- Passport size coloured photograph- Size between 15KB and 80KB. Dimension should be 4.5cm X 3.5cm. Format should be either .jpeg or .jpg or .gif.
- Copy of DOB certificate (if DOB is not mentioned in X/XII certificate/ mark sheet)
- Scanned copy of Pass certificate (original/provisional) and consolidated mark sheet of qualifying degree. Document size must be between 15KB and 100KB.
Candidate unable to upload the scanned copy of pass certificate due to unavoidable reasons can submit the same in person if called for interview. However, if a candidate has completed his/her degree and is unable to upload the consolidated mark sheet, the candidature of such a candidate will be canceled.
Those appearing in final exam of qualifying degree need to upload the mark sheets of previous semesters or their application will be rejected
Following documents must be ready, if applicable:
- Scanned copy of caste certificate (including OBC/NCL) with size from 15KB and 100KB and format being jpeg/jpg/gif.
- Attested copy of PD certificate
- Form in original stating candidate’s Category [Sponsored (Full-Time)/ IITG’s Project Staff/ Part-Time]
- Original GATE/CEED scorecard
- Attested copy of certificate relating to the professional experience of a candidate
Note: Candidates called for written test and/or interview will be required to carry the above-mentioned documents in original with them to the campus, along with a set of duplicate copies (photocopies).
IIT GATE Cut Off
|IIT Delhi||Click Here|
|IIT Roorkee||Click Here|
|IIT Guwahati||Click Here|
|IIT Bombay||Click Here|
|IIT Kharagpur||Click Here|
|IIT Gandhinagar||Click Here|
|IIT BHU||Click Here|
|IIT Jodhpur||Click Here|
|IIT Hyderabad||Click Here|
|IIT Patna||Click Here|
|IIT Mandi||Click Here|
|IISC Bangalore||Click Here|